COORG CIT-TBI FOUNDATION
An Initiative by Coorg Institute of Technology
What is TBI ?
A technology business incubator (TBI) is an organizational setup that nurtures technology based and knowledge driven companies by helping them survive during the startup period, which lasts around the initial two to three years.
• Incubators provide:
– Infrastructural support i.e. office space, meeting room
– Platform to do networking
– Technology & Management assistance
– Other support services, specific to incubators
– Financial assistance through grant, seed funding, loans.
• Create student entrepreneurs to acquire knowledge procedures methods for obtaining
• Government schemes.
• Create awareness about Technology Incubation and Commercialization of R &D products and processes
• Provide R&D for industry to enable small/medium industries, to take up R&D activities and technology up -gradation.
• Promote small and medium industries in the field of Agriculture and other industries.
• To train unemployed youth for skill development and self-employment.
• Technology support for sustainable development.
Benefits of TBI
TBIs foster innovative start-up firms, thus the process of incubation is strongly intertwined with the innovation process that occurs in the supported enterprises, bolstering research.
TBIs also help develop certain local economic development goals in their region by stressing on a knowledge driven economy where risk taking is encouraged.
To create Entrepreneurs of world class quality in the areas of emerging technologies
To cater to the needs of changing environment and contribute towards Nation's growth
To provide congenial atmosphere with adequate infrastructure facilities for encouraging entrepreneurs to undertake business development in the emerging technologies.
To provide the support service needed for sustainable growth of the newly developed entrepreneurs.