- Coorg Institute of Technology was established in 1999 primarily to help the students in Coorg and surrounding areas in their quest for higher level of glory.
- As the only private technical institute of the land, this sanctuary of learning offers technical education at an affordable cost to the needy meritorious and outstanding students.
- The institution facilitates comprehensive teaching and learning. Students are motivated and encouraged to achieve good grades in all their semester examination in various ways: awarding scholarships, fee concessions, cash prizes and so on.
- Financial assistance is rendered to the students from economically weak and backward section. The institution reaches out to Society by helping students affected by floods. More than 300 students are benefited by various scholarships every year.
- A Scholarship committee at the institute meets periodically to inform students about the various scholarships to aid better learning.
The list of scholarships and financial assistance given to students are listed below in last five years
- In the academic year 2020-21 and 2019-20 Coorg Association, Mumbai and Pandanda Cheethamma Madappa Charitable Trust (PCMC trust), Kolkata came forward to the financial aid for the deserving students for engineering courses whose families were poor and were affected by the natural disaster in Kodagu district. Also, Kodava Education Society helped the flood affected Students by providing them fee concession (both college & hostel fee concession). 4 students are benefited with the sum of Rupees 1,50,000.
- Financial assistance is provided to the deserving students for engineering course whose families are poor and were affected by the natural disasters. The assistance was provided by “Coorg Association Mumbai”. 4 students are benefited with the sum of Rupees 5,00,000.
- Endowment awards by Chodumada K Appaiah are for the toppers among Coorg community.74 students are benefited with the sum of Rupees 70,300.
- Dr Moodera Jagadhish endowment prize is awarded to the highest scorer in mechanical engineering and also to the students who excel in sports and cultural. 13 students are benefited with the sum of Rupees 56,800.
- Endowment prize by Machimanda Madappa and Akkamma Madappa Charitable Trust was awarded to the poor students of Kodava community affected by natural disaster. 12 students are benefited with the sum of Rupees 8,00,000.
- Cash prize to CSE toppers by Sri K B Mandappa in memory of his daughter Rashmi K M. 6 students are benefited with the sum of Rupees 5700.
- Dr. M.C. Kariappa in the name of his father late Dr. M.M. Changappa endowmwnt fund was provided to 1 student in the year 2018-19 with sum of Rupees 5000.
- Financial assistance by Kodava Dheena Bhandhu Charitable Trust, Mysore for the poor students of Kodagu pursuing engineering in CIT. 24 students are benefited with the sum of Rupees 2,40,000.
- The foundations which offer financial assistance to our students are Seetha ram Jindal foundation to 5 students with sum of Rupees 51,100 and Coorg education fund, Madikeri to 122 students with sum of Rupees 6,97,000.
Following number of management students are benefitted by fee concession by the institute besides government schemes during the last five years.
2020-21: 307 number of students are benefited with the amount Rupees 2,03,50,333.
2019-20: 328 number of students are benefited with the amount Rupees 2,08,93,139.
2018-19: 306 number of students are benefited with the amount Rupees1,32,61,710.
2017-18: 306 number of students are benefited with the amount Rupees 1,35,98.720.
2016-17: 380 number of students are benefitted with the amount Rupees 1,73,25,710.